- Out of all the possible ways that conversation at the end of the episode could have gone, I never considered Carol would tell Rick she killed Karen and Dave. I did not see that one coming.
- It was great to rewatch the episode with the knowledge of what Carol had done. Her whole trip outside to fix the filter on her own may have been some subconscious suicide attempt. The questions it raises are just as compelling. Did Karen and Dave turn before Carol killed and burned them? Would she do the same thing to the girl she is raising? What will Rick do now that he knows? Will Rick tell Tyreese? What will Tyreese do if he finds out? So much to consider for next week…
- Way to go, Tyreese! After everything he has been through, he can still take his hammer and smash his way through a horde of zombies. Somebody is really shooting up the charts as one of my favorite characters, right up there with Daryl and Michonne.
- Despite all zombie-bashing goodness, Tyreese has been put through the ringer. His girlfriend was killed, his sister is possibly going to die, he got the crap kicked out of him by Rick and nearly devoured by a horde. I really want Tyreese to find the medicine so that his sister can survive. The guy has been through way too much. Everybody in this show has endured some tragedy, but I can’t think of anyone who has gone through that much in the span of one episode.
- Tyreese and Carol may be all that people talk about until next week; but I really loved Hershel in this episode. He has come a long way from the man who kept zombies in his barn. In a way, he was the bravest one in the episode. You can run from or fight zombies, but all you can do with a virus is stay away from anyone who is sick and hope to hell you don’t get it. But instead of doing nothing and hoping the antibiotics show up in time, Hershel is trying everything he can think of and exposing himself to a disease that will probably kill him. And to top it all off, he had to go into the woods with gun-toting Carl. I’m surprised Hershel didn’t have a heart attack when he saw him.
- Damn it, Doctor S! You’re a doctor, you know to cover your mouth when you cough! Now you’ve guaranteed Hershel is going to get sick! Nice going…
-“Zombie apocalypse really sucks” moment of the week: Seeing the zombie that couldn’t move from the tree and had moss growing all over it.
- Zombie kill of the week: Based on sheer quantity, Tyreese bashing through a horde of zombies with his hammer.
Image 1 from ign.com. Image 2 from baltimoresun.com.
Follow Primary Ignition on Twitter at @PrimaryIgnition.
Like Primary Ignition on Facebook at Facebook.com/PrimaryIgnition.